Wednesday, March 29, 2006

1,000 calories of Heaven



They were the one thing in the house I wasn’t allowed to eat: boxes of manna special-ordered from Philadelphia... the legendary Krispy Creme donut.
These were for one person, and one person alone: my pops. And since he was a hell of a lot bigger than I was, I didn’t risk an ass-whuppin over the little grease-ball slices of heaven that is the Krispy Creme donut.
Over the years, I’ve often made fun of my dad’s culinary tastes (or lack thereof). There were sometimes I swear he was pregnant from the cravings he was having ... Like the combination of pretzels, ice cream and yogurt.
Go ahead, dad, try and deny it. I know you will ... And if I sense an ass-whuppin in the future - Big Pops still outweighs me by a good 60 pounds - I’ll just pull out a picture of this to distract him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home