Monday, March 27, 2006

Laying the SMACK down

Click the pics....



There was a time in my life when I was a teacher. Inspiring today's youth, bringing knowledge and understanding of the world to their young, untrained, untapped minds. Like my boy Dee, who's now the new head of a youth centre on the North Shore (Big ups, Mr. Sensitive).
But yesterday, as I was riding the snowboard park at Big White, I found that I still had the power to shape a young person's view of the world, and how they will see it from now on. Yes, I was a teacher again.

(click the pic - there's about 40 seconds of boring stuff, but I am, to quote miceail, "technologically incapable" of editing it)



I knew I was in trouble as soon as I crested the jump. I had carried a lot of speed into it, trying to "go big" and make it look impressive. Then I see these two little IDIOTS parked right at the bottom of the transfer area — just hanging out. I did m best to stop, but, in fine, Emeril-like form, it was like BAM. Skis and kiddies everywhere. (Is it a big surprise they were skiers?) I bulldozed through those two like Paul Dana.
So, the lesson for today? Unless you want to be walloped by 220 pounds life's best teacher, don't stop at the bottom of a jump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home