Thursday, April 05, 2007

A trip abroad, and a trip not taken

First of all, HAPPY EASTER!



Anyways, my folks took a trip - on a plane, no less - for the first time in about 648 years last week.
My pops sucked it up (by "it" I mean his legs and gut) and crammed himself aboard a plane to L.A., along with my stepmom. The trip, apparently, was a big success, and left my dad with a burning desire to buy a Ford Expedition and find a Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles closer to home.
You might recall THIS picture of me. Well, I guess I inspired my pops, because...

And, of course, what trip to L.A. (Under the guise of visiting my sister) would be complete without a trip to the set of CSI: Miami? Lucky for you, I've got the shots...


The sis and some dude I don't recognize... Oh, wait? Is that Caruso? And he's smiling? Wow. That's amazing....


The 'Rents get in on the action...


The 'Rents get in on the action, Pt. II... with Rex Linn, aka Detective Frank Tripp.


You know nothing is going on when I'm talking about my parents' paparazzi ways, but it's true. Little to report on my end. The boarding season ends on Monday, and so begins my quest to get back in six-pack beach shape. You know, like I always have.
Madden is still growing, but how, I don't know. He eats like a bird - except when it comes to my roomie's dog's food. Then he's a pig. But put it in his bowl, and suddenly he's picky again. We'll see what happens at the end of this month, when my mom's dog comes to stay for a month. Whoa, boy. There's going to be some woofin goin on.

My Hawaii plans took a bit of a hit recently, when I found out about this story. This was the same boat I'd planned to learn the business on. Captain John John (aka John Savio) was the guy who offered us the job when we were in Waikkiki, but I think he has a little more on his mind right now then hiring some Canadian landlubber.


Captain John John, in happier times.


The very mast that snapped, two weeks after we left. Surreal.

3 Comments:

At 2:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to see Mary and your dad so happy!!
C.

 
At 6:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever think of changing the dog's dish?

 
At 3:12 AM , Blogger miceail said...

ahhhh david caruso ... considered by many to be the "wanksta" within the red haired community. extended regret to your sister for keeping him gainfully employed. our kind were never meant to be that serious in a dramatic role

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home