Saturday, August 05, 2006

From the depths of Dee's domicile...

He warned me, but I didn't believe him.
"I live in the East end, man. I don't know if you want to go there."
But go there, we did.
My first impression of Dee's apartment was, "Gee, there's a lot of security measures here." A magnetic card to open the front door. Another for the elevator. Another double lock to get into his apartment. But it was surprisingly homey in there, and I'm not talking homeboyish. A bed, a DVD player, a TV set up so you can see it from the toilet in the bathroom ... it was built for comfort.
As for living there, well, apart from the elevator that moves at the same speed as Miceail making progress with a girl (Re: slow, if you didn't already know), two things caught my eye. And they were both memos.
The first one was: "If you have a mattress infested with bed bugs, please inform management, and we will dispose of it."
NIce.
The second memo, and my personal favourite, was: "If emergency or city personnel are called to outside this building, please do not throw water ballons at them."
I mean, who doesn't like getting into a waterfight with Vancouver's finest? You have balloons, they have guns, pepper spray and tasers. It's a recipe for a party, alright ...
It was good to see my boy, though. It's been a minute. And it's good to see him finally getting some reward for all the work he's put in. Good luck with the Stamps, too, son...

On another note, I finally managed to convince Homey C to let me borrow her camera so I could download her holiday pictures. Here they are, with Ottawa and Montreal in their full, embarassing, glory ...

OTTAWA, THE WEDDING STORY

La Petit Jacob, my namesake . . . and Dre's teeth

Homey C on Capital Hill

On the hill behind Capital Hill

The Big Day, and the girls get ready.

Homey C in the hair salon.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride... (sigh)

It's amazing the valuable things people leave at churches. I mean, these glasses are fly...

On to the wedding ... speaking of fly, nice dress...

Dre does the walk

The bride, Jen, and her Eagles-crazy pops, Dwayne. Or Duane. Or Dwyane.

Finally, Mr and Mrs. Paradis

Homey C and her groomsman, Frodo Baggins

The oh-so demure Homey C.

Da girls.

Mini Me and uncle Jess

Homey C by Sears. Smooth J by Hugo Boss

Let's get the party started...

Drinks were flowing

When drinks flow, some people hanker for cigarettes... AHEM

Homey C vandalizes bride's family's precious heirloom

MONTREAL: LA BELLE VILLE

Old Montreal.

At a creperie in Old Montreal

I've seen that "unhinged jaw" trick before somewhere...

Late night poutine, thanks to our tour guides, Greg and Marie-Eve

Scary

Scarier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home