Sunday, June 18, 2006

Parting Shots

Some random thoughts on my trip to La-La land ...

- There are some hothotHOT women in L.A. Or, at least I've heard that. I didn't see any of them.
- When I get drunk, and I'm only around white people, I dance like Carleton.
- Driving in L.A. is a lot like a roller-coaster... lots of fun, except if you have to do it every day. Any more, and you feel like puking.
- Driving with my sister in L.A. is a lot like riding a roller-coaster... lots of fun, except if you have to do it every day. Any more, and you feel like puking. Or have a broken foot from where she's run over it with her car.
- I'm not sure how I feel about knowing Colin Farrell has grabbed my sister's ass.
- If I was rich enough to be pretentious, I'd live in Malibu.
- From the sample of men I met in my sister's social circle, I'm guessing 99 per cent of LA is made up of gay men.
- Fried chicken tastes great with syrup. Or wrapped in a waffle. Try it - you'll like it.
- Family is one of the world's greatest things.
- Next year's tax refund will be spent on a plasma screen TV and wireless speakers.
- Next year's credit card purchase will be a TiVo.
- Saying you'll leave room on the TiVo for your fiancee's reality TV shows is a pretty corny marriage vow. But that's what relationships are made of ...
- White girls can't dance, even if they are from South Central LA. Ask DJ Quick.
- Eddie Murphy seems like a big asshole.
- A Jheri curl suits Marlon Wayans.
- I will have a chocolate fountain at my wedding.
- I'm glad to be home.


Yeah, LA was cool and a lot of fun, but daaaag ... It tired me out. I'm glad to be home, be able to lounge on my couch watching World Cup soccer, without being marauded by a brigade of fire ants. Word to my sis - thanks for entertaining your brother. An Okanagan wine tour is in the future for you and your friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home