Friday, May 20, 2005

May Long Weekend...

... And ya'll know what that means... SUMMER IS HERE, baby!
I took my still as-yet-unnamed baby out for a shakedown cruise today, and gaawwddaamn, I remembered why I bought it.


My Boat
Originally uploaded by smoove_J.


Yeah, it was kind of cold, gray, and windy, but that all faded to the background once I got out on the water and laid the hammer down. You know those gravity-pods the astronauts train in? The ones that make their faces all pulled back? Yeah... that was me.
Banging over the waves at about 60 mph, barely touching them, the wind blasting me in the face... LAWD it was nice.
Of course, when it was time to head to the boat ramp, I seem to have forgotten how to dock. Rank amateur doesn't even describe my maneuvers in there, but luckily, there was no one around to see it. Or, at least, that's the way I choose to remember it.

That was pretty much the highlight of my day, though. The lowlight was watching the Suns/Mavs game, only to have the cable short out... with 38 seconds left and the Suns down by three.
So I missed Nash draining a trey with 5.2 seconds left to send it to overtime, then missed his heroics in the OT period. Hmmm... and to think I almost ended up playing on his high school team. Strange how life works out sometimes...

I'm heading to Victoria on Sunday, and won't be back for a couple days, so don't be mad if you don't get a response on email.

PEACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home