Saturday, April 16, 2005

My bad day...

Oh, my day was actually OK. It was the last hour or so at work that caused my neck and shoulders to clench up into one big stress ball of pain.
Some reporters do not, as I do, understand that a deadline means ... well, you don't get your story in by then, and you're dead. Being constantly reassured by our roving reporter that I'll "have the story in five minutes" about five times over the course of two hours, he then calls two minutes before deadline to say "I can't send it in."
Meaning I'm stuck here with my johnson in my hand, a gaping hole to fill, and press guys breathing down my neck.
I just read that sentence again, and boy - it didn't sound like I meant it to ... lol
Anyways, long (meaningless) story short, we were late, and it looks like it's my fault. Which is always great.
On the plus side, I did get to write about a murdering hockey player on Friday. A former Kelowna Rocket got charged with manslaughter on Tuesday, and I got the scoop.
So maybe my day wasn't as bad as it felt ... and it's definitely not as bad as the people in the pictures below ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home