Sunday, March 06, 2005

JJ Adams, intrepid reporter

The past few years, I've had to endure my sister and sista, calling me from various holiday destinations, or doing some shameless name-dropping.
Like: "Hey, Jake, it's Anya. I'm hanging out in Las Vegas with Cedric the Entertainer and Catherine Zeta-Jones... And oh yeah - I just found $500 on the floor."
Or: "Hey, JJ, it's Steph. Guess where I am? Front row at the Suns game in Phoenix. Kobe Bryant just winked at me."

Well, payback's a mother.

That's right, it's my turn, sisters... Because I am getting flown out - all expenses paid - to HERE. That includes the spa, food, travel, all that jazz. Montreal in May ... it's sure going to be nice.
And I'll make sure I call all ya'll to tell you about it.

Jeff Halvorson, who I've previously written about before (see archive), is going to be posthumously honoured with an award. They want me to travel out there to cover the story for the national newspapers, along with interviewing Wally Buono, Marv Levy and Vince Lombardi, Jr. Those names probably mean nothing to non-football fans, but let me tell you, it's a big deal.

And gosh darn it, people like me...

I did do some serious thinking before accepting this opportunity, as a journalist's integrity is all he has. Once it's gone, you're Dan Rather, and you're appearing on Geraldo. I'm not ready for that folding-chair swinging phase of my career yet. But in this case, I thought it would be acceptable, as the cause is a worthy one, and the stories are of national relevance.

So it's time to brush up on my French. "Allo? Anya? C'est ta frere. Je suis dans Montreal avec beacoups belle amis."
Well, I never did get past Grade 10 french, anyways.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey JJ!

Christa never told me you were going to Montreal in May! How long are you staying for? Will you be working the whole time or will you have any play time?
If you do have some time, I would love to take the 1.5 hour drive and visit....I mean it's been a whole two weeks since I left and I miss you guys like crazy!
Let me know when you have your schedule.....

Love ya!
Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home