Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yes, I am helping my building's property values plummet

I'd be interested to know what kind of reputation I am getting around the building here...
- Music thumping at 5:30 a.m. led to some thumping on my door at 5:30 a.m. ... whoops!
- Whipping in and out of the garage on my rice rocket...
- A dog that lets few people pet it, unless you have food. And even then, it's not a sure bet...
But I think this last one will definitely be making the rounds.
Scene: Saturday night. Just got home from work, mixed myself a little Van Gogh Espresso on the rocks while I get ready to head over to Dee's new night at The Bunker. I have barely touched it by the time I'm ready to go, and can't bring myself to just slam this drink. That would be an alcohol crime. It's made for sipping.
So, lacking any plastic cups, I settle for the next best thing- an empty yogurt container.
Merrily, I head on my way, press for the elevator, and merrily sip away.
(* door slams) Whaa? Oh, it's my neighbors, Terry and Dave .. and a few of their friends.
Nonchalantly slipping my cup to the side, I make idle chit chat, and joke about being "The New Guy" in the building.
"Say, what's that in your hand," says one, spying the conspicuously hidden container by my side.
"Oh, this?" I say absently. "It's just some (* ice cubes clink) trash. Garbage, you might say. Just going to, you know, toss it in the trash can. Where garbage goes. Outside."
"Are you SURE that's garbage?" he says pointedly.
Yeah. Busted. Drinking out of a yogurt container. Nothing quite as ghetto as that, methinks.
I was sure that, upon my arrival home, there would have been a stack of plastic cups with a little "welcome to the building" note.
Well, maybe there would have been, if it hadn't have been for that 5:30 a.m. music episode... but that's another story.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought with you just moving in there that the value went down... HAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAAA
but love the krib... hehe
Pokey out

 
At 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the Brett Favre fanatic who sold you your passport eating, spooky mutt, all I can say is wow! I came across your blog and find it quite facinating. I will make sure to spare you when my people invade Canada to replenish our food supply.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home