Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's futile to shake my fist at the sky, but I feel better when I do

I'm mad at the universe. No, not mad. Seething. Enraged.
I do not pretend to understand the machinations of the world, nor to have the perspective to see my role as but a cog in this existence, but it all seems so brutally unfair.
First, I watched my mom die. A giant personality of a woman, reduced to a pale shadow, raspy-breathed and unseeing, before she took one last breath and slipped away. Too soon.
She made this world greater. It is less without her.
Death is part of life, I know, but to have THIS happen to my family just two weeks later? Unforgivable.
Michael was a good man, a caring man, who - like my mom - spent his life helping kids. He helped children, for christ's sake. And his fate, his lot in life, was to be murdered, have his head chopped off, and to be torched in his truck.
I don't believe in God, but if there is one, and he can hear me, I have two words to say: fuck you.

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your mom. Sorry I never got to meet her.
I do believe in God, and I agree that you should be angry. Bad shit happens to good people while useless people walk around smiling.
All I can say is I hope there is a heaven or some sort of afterlife so I can meet up with the people who left this earth before me. Mostly I hope that when my life ends, I can look down on my daughter and watch the rest of her life.
And I hope your mom is somewhere watching you so she doesn't miss anything.
Good luck in Vancouver.

 
At 9:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mother and michael are gone but I am here now to add a new wrinkle to your life when one door closes another opens....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home