Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Crackbook Experiment

So I did it. Caved like a little bitch. I showed as much spine as those an aquatic invertabrate.
I joined Facebook.
For those of you who don't know, it's a "social networking website." Basically, anyone who you know, have ever known — or don't know — can look you up. I think every Facebook story I've ever heard has started with the phrase "So there was this guy/girl I went to elementary/high school/prison with..."
It's also massively addictive. I'd rank it right up there with nicotine and crack. Hence it's nickname, "Crackbook."
But at least it gives me yet another way to procrastinate while at work.
We'll see how it goes... I haven't heard from any long-lost friends, but I've only been on for two days. Check back in a minute....
In other Kelowna news, there is no Kelowna news. How's that for exciting? I'm on day 8 of an alcohol cleanse, if that tickles your fancy...
I went and saw American Gangster last night with Stef, and I have to recommend this movie to everyone. Denzel was mind-blowingly good, portraying Frank Lucas, aka Superfly, a drug dealer from the 60s and 70s who basically began Harlem's slow spiral into drugs and crime.
If you have 20 minutes or so, read THIS story on Lucas. It's crazy.

And if you have more time, watch this show... Biff Naked Bride. I still can't get over this; Ian Walker, one of my sportswriting collegues, just married Bif Naked. After watching a couple of episodes of the show (while "working," of course) I gotta say, they make a pretty good couple. Walks is a good guy, though we all take the piss outta him for wearing black patent leather sneakers down the aisle.
"But they were designer," he protested, during one of his several emails he sent while on honeymoon on the Mexican Riviera. Bastard.

And in yet another link, check out the greatest piece of sports memorabilia of all time. I seriously would buy this...

And THIS is dedicated to all you pale ballers out there... I'm surprised Miceail didn't make the list for his open-mouth expressions...
And I'm out....

1 Comments:

At 4:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ, this is tom brady. quit trying to add me as your friend on facebook. learn to take a hint.

tom brady

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home