Friday, February 18, 2005

The ROOF! The ROOF! The ROOF IS ON FIRE!

We don't need no water. . . cause beer and Courvasier will do...
I'm down at my boy Dounia's comedy show last weekend in Vancouver, trying to catch my breath listening to Damon Williams crackin on some small-bootied Asian girls sitting in the VIP section, when all of a sudden, there's a huge commotion in the seats underneath the balcony where I was sitting.
"Her HAIR is on fire! I can't believe it," Damon screeched into the mike, grabbing the cameraman at the same time. "Dude, THAT is what you should be filiming."
Some poor Macy Gray lookalike with too much product in her frzzy hair got a little too close to the lights, a candle, some dude smoking a blunt, or something, cause her head was a-flamin.
The people in the booth with her were dumping their drinks all over her in an attempt to put the fire out. The whole club, with about 500 people in it, started to reek like burnt hair.
Classic.
It was funnier than the show, which was pretty damn funny, by the way. I have to hand it to Dounia - it was a professional, well-run production.
All the BET cats put on a good show, even hanging out with the crowd afterwards.
Here's some pictures from the October show he put on... The afterparty was cool, too ... I ended up outside at one point, chillin with a couple hip hop artists and Mary Jane. Justin, bless his little mini-Taye-Diggs lookalike azz, chilled with us too, even getting in the burn of the night.
On me, too. He's growing up so fast ... it brings a tear to my eye.
The next day was Valentines, so I picked up my girl from the airport, and took her out for a romantic dinner in White Rock, followed by a night of monkey-like acrobatic love-making at a hotel.
OK, OK ... so we basically watched TV most of the time .. But it was Blind Date: Valentine's Edition. I couldn't miss that...
I hooked up with Miceal, Trev and Dounia for lunch the next day, after a "fun" day of shopping on Robson with Christa. I had no idea there were so many gay men working retail down there...
Anyways, that's it for now ... I'll holla atcha lata.
PEACE

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Double J
sounds like you dig road trips. Why don't you give the great white north a visit. Give your boy a call.
p.s. Dounia sounds like your doing great, keep it up. Justin do your thing Diggs ain't got nothing on you, be yourself evrything will fall into place.
Peace JUICY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home