Friday, December 31, 2004

Board wild

I hit the hill for the second time this year on Wednesday, and damned if I'm not still sore.
That 20 pounds I gained in the last month and a half - yes, that's right, 20 pounds - was just as sore as the other 215 I was already carrying. Snowboarding is a great workout for the quads. And if you board like me, it's also a great workout for your ass.
I tried the new "park" at Big White, which is full of jumps, halfpipes and railslides. My first encounter with a rail was a memorable one. The words "metal enema" spring to mind when trying to describe it.
We spent most of the day on the Gem Lake side of the mountain, riding what is the longest vertical chairlift in North America. Or so the aussie guys sitting next to me on the lift told me on one of the many trips up the hill.
At lunch, me n' my buddy Aaron were trying to figure out how many runs we could get in after eating, when he doused his fries in some Super Hot Red Hot Chili Hot Burn A Layer of Skin Off Hot sauce.
I joked: "I guess we'll get two runs in. One fast one, then one REALLY fast one when that shit hits your gut." We both laughed.

And, as it turns out, I was right.

We covered about five kilometres of run in about five minutes, and he bee-lined straight for the lodge's bathroom, where he stayed for the next 15 minutes. I made another run in the meantime.
I had to work later that afternoon, so we took off after that. "That was some good chili sauce," Aaron remarked.
Crazy.

Anyways, it's the night before New Years, and the snow is blowing like crazy outside. And it's cold, too... Perfect partying weather. I'm supposed to be hosting a New Years BBQ, which I plan to do unless I blow up my house trying to light the barbeque hung over. If you don't hear from me, that's what happened. Don't fight over my DVD collection when I'm gone.

I'm looking forward to hearing all of your crazy party stories, 'cause I have to live vicariously through my friends. And sister, too, occasionally.

One love... PEACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home