Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Years: No pics yet ...

They say, if when looking back over the year that passed, if you can truly smile and truly cry, then you have truly lived.
I guess I only half-lived then, unless you count the tears rolling down my cheeks after one particularily nasty summer night hangover. I did truly smile that night though, so I guess it's all good...
New Years 2003 was me, my sister, and five gay guys crammed into a room in Las Vegas. It was a great evening, though trying to find a girl that had a room to go back to was tough. (I had an inkling no one in that room would appreciate me bringing a girl back ... especially my sister.)
A year later, it was a complete 180 from the wild and crazy night in Sin City. I spent it with my girlfriend and another couple, chillin at a Thai restaurant in Kelowna. We orginally planned to just have dinner there, then head back to a raging house party at my place, but when Ronnie - owner of the Siam Orchid - closed the kitchen at nine o'clock and then said: "Bar's Open. Want a drink? Just help yourself behind the bar..." well, who could pass up that offer?
It was a real mellow night, despite the amount of alcohol that was consumed. And I did learn one thing - champagne and my girlfriend don't mix. But that's a story for another time... ;)
I had originally planned spending it in Vancouver, kicking it with my boys, hanging with Hollywood (aka, my sister), and seeing my friend The Bearded Lady (aka my friend Sarah, who might not be my friend anymore for hanging that nickname on her) perform with her circus troupe in downtown. However, my sister jammed out, Dee had to work at Celebrities (a gay bar, and I didn't want to make it TWO New Years in a row like that), and it just kind of fell through. Of course, my sister ended up partying in Vancouver anyways, so I guess she just doesn't really love her brother that much. (Se: guilt trip)
Anyways, that was New Years. I haven't made any resolutions yet, because, well, I'm Perfect (note the capital "P"). Just kidding... No, it's my philosophy that life is a constant voyage of self-improvement and self affirmations. And gosh darn it, people like me - even if I did give a couple Arsenio-style "whoop whoops" when I saw the trailer for Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith come on at the movies tonight. Once a geek, always a geek, I guess.
Hmmm... maybe that could be a resolution... learn to be cool...

Well, let's not shoot for the impossible, here... lol ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home