Monday, November 29, 2004

Lazy Sun... errr, Monday

So today, after a night of drunken partying and wild sex, I hit the slopes for the first time this year... man, it was incredible! Almost two feet of pure champagne powder, me making first tracks down the hill, which I had all to myself. I dropped down into Kalihna's Rainbow at Gem Lake, and must have hit nearly 8o kph at one point.

And poof! It was gone ...

Waking up with my bleary eyes, I managed to focus enough to see the gray skies outside, see the clock read 10:30 a.m., and decided to go back to bed. Back to my dreams of snowboarding. When I did open my eyes for the second time, the clock read a much more reasonable time: 12:45. Looking forward to a nice hot shower, I stumbled to the bathroom, where I hopped in the stall, turned on the faucet, and ... nothing. Not a damn thing. Not a single drop of water.
Here I was, up EARLY for a change, and I couldn't even take a shower so I could go out and face the world, all non-funky. A quick call to the utilities company revealed I had indeed paid my bills, but that an unexpected construction project down the street had turned off the water service to my cul-de-sac. Great. Nice of them to give us some warning. So I resigned myself to my fate, sat on the couch and watched three different generations of Star Trek and one episode of Seinfeld.

By the time the water was turned on, there was little time left in the day, so I took a shower, made some tea, and sat down to watch Friends. OK, not really... I may be half white, but I'm not THAT white. (At least star trek has black people. And George is great friends with his black plumber.)

It's soccer night tonight, for which I am missing Monday Night Football. I figure a day spent on the couch eating ice cream - I guess I forgot to mention that - has to be counterbalanced by going out and playin a lil footie. You know, if I was six-foot-eight, I STILL wouldn't be playing professional soccer. Now the NBA, well, that's another matter ...

After soccer, who knows? Maybe my girl would be kind enough to give me a rub down ... and bring that french maid's outfit again. Ahh, we'll see ...

PEACE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home