Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Western Canada FEVER

I took some pics at the annual basketball tournament at Kelowna secondary last weekend, a rare chance for me to flex my photographic muscles and cover something OTHER than hockey or curling.
Gawd, I hate the winter sometimes...
As a side note, my men's league team is No. 1... Anj's is No. 2... Not that I'm rubbing it in, or anything ... ;)




This is the kid that won: six-foot-five grade 10 forward Mangisto Arop from Ross Sheppard in Edmonton. He pulled a one-footed, double-pump, Jordanesque dunk from the free-throw line, complete with wagging tongue. It was tight...




A good ol' grain-fed farmboy from Sheldon-Williams in Regina, Lance Kruger, came second in the contest. The ol' alley-oop-whip-the-shirt-off dunk was a crowd-pleaser. At least with the girls...




Kruger jumps like Vince, finishes like Frederick Wiess with a clank off the iron. Looked good for a minute, though...




Kealey McDonald, one of the lone B.C. boys in the tournament. Repped the host school OK, but wasn't at Mangisto's level.




Can't remember what Arop did here, but it was pretty impressive. Right after the contest, I put down the camera, cleaned off my birkenstocks, and showed these young punks how to throw down. Really.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i heard about this kid whos liik amazing (mangisto arop)and my friends team has to face them its going to be lik 150 arop otewell 4 lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home